- Stratified Intensive Insulin therapies to prevent post-operative hyperglycemia after CABG
- Creating guidelines/ educational training to standardize and improve the care of thoracic surgery pa
- Blood Conservation in cardiac and thoracic patients
- Data compliation for outcomes reporting for cardiac surgery
- Mobile applications and the STS General Thoracic database
- The Role of the Acute Care Nurse Practitioner in Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Cardiovascular effects of the methyxanthines
- Aggressive cardiovascular risk reduction in Diabetic patients
- Surgical Tourism and the globalization of healthcare.
- Thoracic surgery outcomes at moderate-high altitude
- The use of social media & technology to promote specialty practice
- Surgical outcomes in thoracic surgery at moderate to high altitude
- Internship in private Thoracic and Vascular surgery practice, Fall 2005.
- West Virginia University, CT Surgery (2006-7)
- Duke University regional facility, Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (2007- June 2010)
- Cardiology practice, July 2010 - Jan 2011
- Medical writer, author and creator of Cirugia de Torax.org
- Locum tenums Nurse Practitioner in cardiothoracic surgery
Education & Training
- Dalhousie University (B.A.)
- Truckee Meadows Community College (AAS, Nursing)
- Vanderbilt University (MSN, Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program)
- Lakeland Community College (Registered Nurse First Assistant)
Mexicali! a mini-gem guide to surgical tourism
Blister and Skin Necrosis in a Cancer Patient
Carotid Stenosis: What is It? How is it Diagnosed? What Are the Treatment Options?
Carotid Stenosis: My Doctor Ordered a Carotid Duplex, Now What?
Who is performing your thoracic surgery?
Bogota hospital offers hope to abdominal cancer patients
Colombia's Cartagena as an emerging medical tourism destination
Eckland, K. & Klein, A. (2010). Hidden gem: A guide to surgical tourism in cartagena, colombia. ISBN # 9781452842721. Published July 20, 2010.
Eckland, K. & Klein, A. (2011, July). Bogota! a hidden gem guide to surgical tourism. ISBN-13: 978-1456497514.
Eckland, K. (2011, July). The Thoracic Surgeons: Bogota, Colombia. A brief narrative. ISBN-13: 978-1463595791
Dr. Gonzalez Rivas: Changing the future of thoracic surgery