This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Mark J. Russo, MD, MS
Attending Surgeon, Barnabas Heart Hospital (2012-)
- Director, Center for Aortic Diseases, Barnabas Health (2012-)
- Director, Cardiac Surgery Research, Barnabas Health (2012-)
Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of Chicago (2010-12)
- Co-Director, Aortic Center, University of Chicago Medical Center (2011-12)
- Faculty Affiliate, Center for Health and the Social Sciences (CHESS), University of Chicago (2010-12)
Assistant Attending-in-Surgery, New York-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia (2010)
Complex Aortic & Aortic Valve Surgery
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement
Thoracic Organ (Heart & Lung) Transplantation
Our group is devoted to pursuing research in clinical outcomes, healthcare policy and economics, and quality improvement in an effort to improve cardiovascular outcomes for both individual patients and society at large.
Our objectives are to conduct clinical evaluative research focused on:
- The development of new analytical methods for understanding medical therapies and related outcomes
- The clinical and economic evaluation of rapidly evolving device technologies
- The development of evidence to support clinical guidelines
- Understanding the policy implications of new research findings
- The exploration of systems-based practice that will maximize the benefits of available medical therapies
- The identification of best practices for purpose of improving healthcare outcomes
Resident-in-Cardiothoracic Surgery, NYP/Columbia University Medical Center (2008-2010)Resident-in-General Surgery, NYP/Columbia University Medical Center (2002-08)Albert Einstein College of Medicine (MD '02)Dartmouth College (MS '98)University of Rochester (BA '97)
Content Published on CTSNet
- Adult Cardiac Surgery