This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Ancona Virtual Live Course: Minimally Invasive and Transcatheter Cardiac Surgery
Due to COVID-19, the Minimally Invasive and Transcatheter Cardiac Surgery course, originally scheduled to be held in person in Ancona, Italy, was converted into the new Ancona Live Virtual Course and presented in collaboration with CTSNet on June 8 and 9, 2020. With more than 8,400 registrants, the new virtual live course was attended by medical representatives from 89 countries around the world.
A prestigious faculty of international opinion leaders and experts explained their prevailing vision of cardiac surgery and shared their minimally invasive and transcatheter approaches for the treatment of aortic and mitral valve diseases. This two-day live event was recorded, and both sessions are now available to view. The list of speakers and their topics are below, along with links that direct you to that portion within the full video.
CTSNet is excited to announce that the next meeting of Minimally Invasive and Transcatheter Cardiac Surgery: From Theory to Practice will be held in Ancona, Italy, on June 21-22, 2021. Next year’s event will have two hybrid sessions: in-person and broadcasted by CTSNet in a virtual format.
JUNE 8, SESSION 1: Aortic Valve
Chair: T. Nguyen, M. Rinaldi
- Introduction – M. Di Eusanio
- Trends and Real World Outcomes in Transcatheter Valve Interventions: Report From the STS/ACC TVT REGISTRY – J. Bavaria
- TAVR and SAVR in 2020: Where Do We Go From Here? – F. Musumeci
- 360° mini-AVR: Going Beyond 'A Small Cut' – M. Di Eusanio
Mini AVR: Why I Do It
- Ministernotomy – T. Yan
- Right Anterior Minithoracotomy – M. Solinas
- Transaxillary – U. Kappert
- Endoscopic – L. Salvador
- Online polls and discussion
- Is TAVR Done by Cardiac Surgeons as Good as TAVR Done by Cardiologists? – M. Cassese
What Is the Best Reoperative AV Intervention?
JUNE 9, SESSION 2: Mitral Valve
Chair: M. Borger, F. Maisano
- Minimally Invasive Is the "Gold Standard" in Mitral Valve Surgery – M. Borger
- Transcatheter Mitral Valve Surgery: The Present and Perspectives – O. Alfieri
Mini MVR: Why I Do It
- Direct Vision Transaxillary – M. Di Eusanio
- Video-Assisted/Fully Endoscopic – M. Solinas
- Robotic – E. Navarra
- Transapical Chordal Repair – G.Gerosa
- Online poll and discussion
- Evolving as a Surgeon: Incorporating Transcatheter Mitral Techniques into Your Practice. – F. Maisano
- Step-by-Step Guide in Edge-to-Edge Mitral Valve Repair: A Surgeon’s Perspective – P. Denti
- Is TMVR Ready for Prime Time? – T. Modine
- Online discussion
- Closing remarks – M. Di Eusanio