This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
The Southern Thoracic Surgical Association will host a special 2-hour webinar on Thursday, November 5, 2020 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET. STSA President Vinod H. Thourani, MD will host this event in conjunction with other members of the STSA Program Committee and six invited speakers.
The goal of the 2-hour virtual event is to stay connected by providing a brief update of STSA’s current activities and enhance your knowledge and expertise in the cardiothoracic subspecialties of cardiac, thoracic and congenital. The webinar will include six brief, dynamic presentations paired with live discussions, and original scientific abstracts. Delivered through Zoom’s online webinar platform, the event will be presented live on November 5, 2020 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. ET, and will be posted on stsa.org to be viewed at a later date for your convenience.
Invited presentations include the following:
· Adult Cardiac Presentation: Experience with 46 Patients With COVID-19 and Severe Pulmonary Compromise Treated with Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation
(Jeffrey Jacobs*, Alfred Stammers, James St. Louis, J.W. Hayanga, Michael Firstenberg, Linda Mongero, Eric Tesdahl, Keshava Rajagopal, Faisal Cheema, Tom Coley, Vinay Badhwar, Anthony Sestokas, Marvin Slepian)
· Congenital Presentation: Sequential Staging of Univentricular Palliation Within a Single Hospitalization
(Ram Kumar Subramanyan*, Brandi Scully, Katherine Giuliano, Dylan Thibault, Kevin Hill, Karen Chiswell, Meena Nathan, James St. Louis, David Vener, Jeffrey Jacobs, Marshall Jacobs; Children's Hospital, Los Angeles, University of Southern California)
· Thoracic Presentation: Similar Long-Term Quality of Life Outcomes Following Robotic Versus Open Transhiatal Esophagectomy
(Aaron Williams*, Tyler Grenda, Lili Zhao, Alexander Brescia, Curtis Bergquist, Keara Kilbane, Emily Barrett, Philip Carrott, Andrew Chang, Jules Lin, Elliot Wakeam, Mark B. Orringer, Kiran Lagisetty, Rishindra Reddy; University of Michigan)
· Adult Cardiac Presentation: Aortic Annular Enlargement: Short and Long-Term Outcomes in the United States
(James Mehaffey*, Robert Hawkins, Zachary Wegermann, Maria Grau-Sepulveda, John Fallon, Matthew Brennan, Vinod Thourani, Vinay Badhwar, Gorav Ailawadi; University of Virginia)
· Congenital Presentation: Late Results Following Closure of Ventricular Septal Defects With Elevated Pulmonary Vascular Resistance and Pulmonary Hypertension Using the Flap Valve Double Patch Technique
(William M. Novick*, Vasyl Lazoryshynets, Oleksandr Golovenko, Marcelo Cardarelli, Frank Molloy, Vitaly Dedovich; University of Tennessee)
· Thoracic Presentation: Adjuvant Chemotherapy for Visceral Pleural Invasion in 3–4 Centimeter Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Improves Survival
(Sean C. Wightman*, James Lee, Li Ding, Scott M. Atay, Kimberly Shemanski, P. Michael McFadden, Elizabeth A. David, Anthony W. Kim; University of Southern California)
A full agenda with speakers and presentation times is available here.
Registration for this event is not required and attendance will be open to any healthcare professional. The link to the webinar will be posted on stsa.org and via email in the coming weeks.
Please be advised that STSA Continuing Medical Education credits (CME) will not be offered in conjunction with the STSA webinar. We expect to resume CME offerings next year during the 2021 annual meeting.
For the latest information regarding the webinar, please visit stsa.org.
Questions may be directed to STSA Headquarters at firstname.lastname@example.org.