This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Kelly M. Wanamaker, M.D.
Coronary Artery Disease
Thoracic Aortic Disease
1. Proximal Aortic Surgery in the Elderly Population – Is Advanced Age a Contraindication for Surgery? Kelly M.Wanamaker MD*, Sameer A.Hirji MD∗, Fernando RamirezDel Val MD, MarounYammine MD, JiyaeLee BS, SiobhanMcGurk BS, PremShekar MD, TsuyoshiKaneko MD. The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
Available online 4 May 2018.
2. Incidence of Aortic Arch Anomalies in Patients with Thoracic Aortic Dissection. Wanamaker KM, Amadi, CC, Mueller, JS, Moraca RJ. J Card Surg. 2013 Mar;28(2):151-4.
3. Impact of Filter Characteristics on 30-Day Outcomes of Carotid Artery Stenting Procedures. Loghmanpour N, Siewiorek G, Wanamaker KM, Wholey M, Chaer R, Muluk S, Finol EA. Journal of Vascular Surgery. October, 2012.
4. Contemporary incidence and risk factors for carotid artery disease in patients referred for coronary artery bypass surgery. Wanamaker KM, Moraca RJ, Nitzberg D, Magovern GJ Jr. J Cardiothorac Surg. 2012 Aug 28;7(1):78.
5. Salvage peripheral extracorporeal membrane oxygenation using Cobe Revolution ® centrifugal pump as a bridge to decision for acute refractory cardiogenic shock. Moraca RJ, Wanamaker KM, Bailey SH, McGregor WE, Murali S, Benza R, Sokos G, Magovern GJ Jr. J Card Surg. 2012 Jul;27(4):521-7.
6. Aortic valve replacement in patients with systemic mastocytosis. Wanamaker KM, Magovern GJ Jr, Moraca RJ. J Card Surg. 2012 Mar;27(2):189-91.
7. Strategies and outcomes of cardiac surgery in Jehovah's Witnesses. Moraca RJ, Wanamaker KM, Bailey SH, McGregor WE, Benckart DH, Maher TD, Magovern GJ Jr. J Card Surg. 2011 Mar;26(2):135-43.
Additional Educational Information
Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston Cardiothoracic Surgery Residency (2014-2016)
Allegheny General Hospital, Pittsburgh General Surgery Residency (2008-2014)
Cardiac Surgery Clinical Research Fellowship with Robert Moraca, M.D. (2011-12)
Drexel University College of Medicine (M.D. 2008)
Old Dominion University, Norfolk, VA (B.S. 1994, B.S.N. 1997)
Content Published on CTSNet
- Coronary disease
- Extracorporeal circulation
- Valve disease
- Aortic valve disease
- Mitral valve disease
- Professional Affairs