This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Noritaka Ota, M.D.
2001- 2007 Mt.Fuji Shizuoka children’s Hospital, Japan
2007- 2009 Montreal Children’s Hospital (McGill Univ.), Canada
2009 - 2009 Tianjin International Cardiovascular Hospital, China
2009 - 2013 Mt. Fuji Shizuoka children’s Hospital, Japan
2014 - 2016 National Heart Institute , Malaysia
2016 - 2018 Yokohama, Kanagawa Children's Medical Center, Japan
2018- Ehime Univerity, Matsuyama, Japan
1. Ota N, Sivalingam S, Pau KK, Hew CC, Dillon J, Latiff HA, et al. Primary Arterial Switch Operation for Late Referral of Transposition of the Great Arteries with Intact Ventricular Septum in the Current Era: Do We Still Need a Rapid Two-Stage Operation? World J Pediatr Congenit Hear Surg 2018;9:74–8.
2. Sugimoto A, Ota N, Murata M, Sakamoto K. Pulmonary root translocation for borderline complex coarctation of aorta and multiple ventricular septal defects. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2017;24:129–31.
3. Ota N, Suzuki R, Latiff HA, Sivalingam S. Right ventricular perforation caused by a pacing catheter two weeks after insertion in a neonate with congenital atrioventricular block. Ann Thorac Surg 2015;100.
4. Sugimoto A, Ota N, Sakamoto K. Pulmonary haemorrhage due to an aortopulmonary collateral artery after arterial switch. Cardiol Young 2015:1–3.
5. Sakamoto K, Ota N, Fujimoto Y, Murata M, Tosaka Y, Ide Y, Tachi M.. Primary Central Pulmonary Artery Plasty for Single Ventricle With Ductal-Associated Pulmonary Artery Coarctation. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2014
6. Sakamoto K, Ota N, Murata M, Tosaka Y, Ide Y, Tachi M, et al. Modified Nikaidoh procedure with double-root translocation in a 1-year-old boy. Ann Thorac Surg 2014;97.
7. Ota N, Murata M, Tosaka Y, Ide Y, Tachi M. Sakamoto K. Is Routine Rapid-Staged Bilateral Pulmonary Artery Banding prior to stage 1 Norwood a viable strategy? J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014:
8. Sugimoto A, Ota N, Miyakoshi C, Murata M, Ide Y, Tachi M, et al. Mid-to long-term aortic valve-related outcomes after conventional repair for patients with interrupted aortic arch or coarctation of the aorta, combined with ventricular septal defect: The impact of bicuspid aortic valve. Eur J Cardio-Thoracic Surg 2014;46.
9. Sugimoto A, Ota N, Murata M, Sakamoto K. Extra-aortic commissuroplasty concomitant with fenestrated Fontan operation for neoaortic valve regurgitation after Norwood reconstruction. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2014;19:329–30.
10. Sugimoto A, Ota N, Ibuki K, Miyakoshi C, Murata M, Tosaka Y, et al. Risk factors for adverse neurocognitive outcomes in school-aged patients after the fontan operation. Eur J Cardio-Thoracic Surg 2013;44:454–61.
11. Ito H, Ota N, Murata M, Sakamoto K. Fontan operation for the Cantrell syndrome using a clamshell incision. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2013;17:754–6.
12. Ito H, Ota N, Murata M, Tosaka Y, Ide Y, Tachi M, et al. Technical modification enabling pulmonary valve-sparing repair of a severely hypoplastic pulmonary annulus in patients with tetralogy of Fallot. Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 2013;16:802–7.
13. Ota N, Fujimoto Y, Murata M, Tosaka Y, Ide Y, Tachi M. Sakamoto K. Impact of postoperative hemodynamics in patients with functional single ventricle undergoing fontan completion before weighing 10 kg. The Annals of Thoracic Surgery 2012;94:1570-1577.
14. Ota N, Fujimoto Y, Murata M, Tosaka Y, Ide Y, Tachi M, Sakamoto K. Improving outcomes of the surgical management of right atrial isomerism. Ann Thorac Surg 2012;93:832-838; discussion 838-839.
15. Ota N, Fujimoto , Sakamoto K. Improving results of atrioventricular valve repair in challenging patients with heterotaxy syndrome. Cardiology in the young. 2010. 1 60-65
16. Ota N, Komeda M, Koshiji T. Aortoesophageal fistula caused by foreign body. The Japanese Journal of Thorac and Cardiovasc Surg 48,3;184-5, March 2000
17. Ota N, Sakamoto K, Yokota M. Surgical Repair of Double-Orifice of Mitral Valve in Cases With an Atrioventricular Canal Defect. The Japanese Journal of Thorac and Cardiovasc Surg 49, 11; 656-9,Nov 2001
18. Ota N, Sakamoto K, Yokota M. Surgical Treatment of Coronary Sinus Orifice Atresia With Hypoplastic Left Heart Syndrome After Total Cavo-Pulmonary Connection. Ann Thorac Surg 73: 653-5, 2002.
19. Ota N, Sakamoto K, Kado M. Surgical Management of Coronary Sinus Orifice Atresia in a case with HLHS. HEART 34, 11:976-978, 2002.
20. Ota N, Sakamoto K, Nishioka M. Mid-term Outcome of Right Ventricle-to-pulmonary Artery Shunt in First-stage Palliation: Ventricle-to- pulmonary Artery Shunt vs. Aorto-pulmonary Shunt. Japanese Society of Pediatric Cardiology and Cardiac Surgery Vol. 20 5 : 509-512. 2004
21. Ota N, Sakamoto K, Iwaki S. The pitfall of Vacuum Assist Venous Drainage. The Japanese Journal of Thorac. Surgery Vol. 58, No.13; 1126. 2005
22. Ota N, Ikai A, Sakamoto K. Retrospective analysis of stage I Norwood procedures with tricuspid valve insufficiency in the past 5 years. Int. Cardio and Thorac Surg 6: 121-123, Feb 2007
23.1. Sugimoto A, Ota N, Murata M, Sakamoto K. Surgical outcome after conventional repair in patients with interrupted aortic arch and coarctation of aorta with ventricular septal defect as well as very small aortic valve. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2014.
Additional Educational Information
April/1991-March/1997 Kansai Medical University, Osaka Japan
April/1997 passed the Examination of National Board
April/1997-Aug/1998 Resident in Department of Cardiovascular Surgery, Kyoto University
Aug/1998-March/2000 Junior Resident in Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery Mt.Fuji Shizuoka children’s Hospital
April/2000-July/2001 Senior Resident in Department of Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery Mt.Fuji Shizuoka children’s Hospital
July/2007-Junr/2009 Clinical fellow in Montreal Children’s Hospital (McGill University)