This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Shyamasundar Balasubramanya (Sam Bala)
Shyamasundar Balasubramanya (Sam Bala), M.D.
- Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India
- Surgery Internship: Mount Sinai Hospital, Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
- Surgery Residency: New York Presbyterian (Queens), Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, New York
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship: Tufts University Medical Center, Boston, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
- Advanced Cardiac Surgery Fellowship: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven
- Cardiopulmonary Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support Fellowship: Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship: Lurie Children's Hospital, Northwestern Univeristy Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship: Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS) Certification in Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS) Certification in Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- Assistant Professor, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) David Geffen School of Medicine (2018-present)
Ventricular Assist Devices
Total Artificial Heart
Congenital Cardiac Surgery
Complex Biventricular Repairs