This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Shyamasundar Balasubramanya (Sam Bala)
Shyamasundar Balasubramanya (Sam Bala), M.D.
- Bangalore Medical College, Bangalore University, Bangalore, India
- General Surgery Internship: Mount Sinai Hospital, Ichan School of Medicine at Mount Sinai, New York
- General Surgery Residency: New York Presbyterian (Queens), Weill Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, Maimonides Medical Center, New York
- Cardiothoracic Surgery Fellowship: Tufts University Medical Center, Boston, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago
- Advanced Cardiac Surgery Fellowship: Yale-New Haven Hospital, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven
- Cardiopulmonary Transplantation and Mechanical Circulatory Support Fellowship: Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship: Lurie Children's Hospital, Northwestern Univeristy Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago
- Congenital Cardiac Surgery Fellowship: Boston Children's Hospital, Harvard Medical School, Harvard University, Boston
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) Healthcare Management, Western Governors University (WGU) College of Business
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS) Certification in Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery (ABTS) Certification in Congenital Cardiac Surgery
- Assistant Professor of Surgery, University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) David Geffen School of Medicine, Division of Cardiac Surgery, Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center/Mattel Children's Hospital (2018-present)
Ventricular Assist Devices
Total Artificial Heart
Congenital Cardiac Surgery
Complex Biventricular Repairs