This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
AATS Post Graduate Course on Heart Valve Disease
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery and the Heart and Health Foundation of Turkey are partnering on a one-day AATS Post Graduate Course on Heart Valve Disease that will address the rapid advances in the treatment of valvular heart disease. This course will bring together cardiologists and surgeons in a cooperative, care-based course to be held on March 29, 2019, during the 15th International Congress of Update in Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery in Antalya, Turkey. A renowned faculty on the cutting edge of valvular heart disease management will lead interactive sessions for the entire care team that will focus on practical decision making. Attendees will be active participants in discussions, debates and potential controversies surrounding real-world cases.
Topics at the AATS PG Course on Heart Valve Disease will include:
• Basics of the Aortic Valve
• Cardiac Network Trials
• Decision Making: Recurrent Mitral Valve Regurgitation
• Degenerative Mitral Anatomy and Physiology
• Difficult Choices and Scenarios
• Ischemic Mitral Regurgitation
• Mitral Endocarditis
• Mitral Valve Replacement
• Preparing for the Future in Mitral Valve Treatment
• The Asymptomatic Patient with Advanced Valve Disease
• The Future of Transcatheter Mitral Interventions
• Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement-Indications and Devices
• Treatment of Aortic Valve Disease
• Valve Disease and the Right Ventricle
~Course Directors: Duke E. Cameron, MD and Vaughn A. Starnes, M.D.