This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Triage and Management of Aortic Emergencies During the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Pandemic: A Consensus Document Supported by the American Association for Thoracic Surgery (AATS) and Asian Society for Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery (ASCVTS)
This joint consensus document aims to facilitate triage and management of patients with aortic dissection, rupture, and malperfusion syndromes during the COVID-19 pandemic. The following issues have been addressed in the care of COVID-19–positive or status unknown patients with aortic emergencies:
1. Management and triage
2. Management of interfacility transfers
3. Preoperative considerations to minimize risk to health care personnel
4. Important anesthetic considerations
5. Precautions to be taken by surgical personnel during the procedure
6. Postoperative considerations