This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
Exploring Cardiothoracic Surgery
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
This video was filmed from the perspective of a medical student investigating a career in cardiothoracic surgery. With each video chapter, he aims to provide information that answers many of the questions students and residents have about the field of CT surgery. Candid interviews and action reels of surgeons-at-work are used to illustrate many of the basic responsibilities of surgeons and complex issues they face.
Topics explored include:
- Day-to-Day Clinical Duties
- Patient/Disease Demographics
- Academic/Teaching Responsibilities
- Research Involvement
- Training/Residency Process
- Job Market and the Future of CT Surgery
- Bonus Segment: Surgeons’ Favorite Medical TV Series