This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
The 10 Commandments for Aortic Valve Repair
Aortic valve repair is complex, and techniques must be tailored to the pathology. With this in mind, the author summarizes his core philosophy on aortic valve repair in 10 points:
- Be prepared!
- Know the geometry of the aortic valve
- Understand the echocardiographic analysis of the aortic valve
- Do not trust looks!
- Identify suitable substrates
- Keep the repair simple and reproducible
- Assess the repair result systematically
- Carefully consider the alternatives
- Follow your patients/Learn from your failures
- Share your results
Each point is discussed in more depth in this editorial.