This site is not optimized for Internet Explorer 8 (or older).
Please upgrade to a newer version of Internet Explorer or use an alternate browser such as Chrome or Firefox.
American Association for Thoracic Surgery/International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation Guidelines on Selected Topics in Mechanical Circulatory Support
Thursday, January 30, 2020
Source Name: The Journal of Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
The American Association for Thoracic Surgery and International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation provide a consensus guidelines document on ten important aspects in mechanical circulatory support. These include:
1. Preoperative Evaluation and Optimization
2. Support Techniques in Cardiogenic Shock
3. Biventricular Support
4. Surgical Approach
5. Management of Postoperative Bleeding
6. Anticoagulation Management
7. Optimizing Pump Speed
8. Diagnosis and Management of Pump Malfunction
9. Management of Pump-Related Infections
10. Strategies to Promote Myocardial Recovery